10.01.2012

cleaning house.

{Part of cleaning house: laundry and an improvised door-jam clothesline.}
It has been over six weeks since my last blog post. I'm not sure how this accidental hiatus came to be except that life has been unmanageably busy as of late. More than that, life has expanded in ways that left little room in my head for blogging. In the last six weeks I unexpectedly went to Edmonton to hang out with my beloved Nana after she fell and broke her leg, went to California to attend the beautiful wedding of my cousin, finished a bunch of school projects, finished laying out a forthcoming book, went on a few hikes, was reminded that life is impermanent and fragile, saw entirely too little of my friends, replaced my trusty computer and enjoyed my family's company.

This weekend though, was a turning point. As summer officially settles into fall and my program at BCIT set to wrap up in two weeks, I'm grateful for some time to slow down. I spent the weekend literally and figuratively cleaning house. (Nine loads of laundry! Eleven hours of sleep on Friday night! Lots of thinking about whether I actually like the frenetic pace of my current life! Long chats with N about everything! Beer and pretzels! Brunch!) I feel like the last six weeks have gone by so fast that I didn't even see them happen. They just came and went with no time to think about them. I don't want to always live like that, but it is nice to be reminded why the quiet weekends and idleness are so special.

Fall has always been my favourite time of year and I think the last six weeks have reminded me to notice it. To notice that it's not so warm anymore, to notice that my body wants to be back in the pool, to notice that I'm suddenly starting the life I was dreaming of before I went back to school. I hope that means that I'll be back in this space more often again. As part of my 'cleaning house' I plan to hop back on the William Morris bandwagon (if Jules at Pancakes and French Fries can do a project a day this month, I can probably handle one per week) and to start plotting my new business (more on that in a future post). There will be some cleaning up of my web house too, so look for that! It feels good to be back.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back! ...Hoping to make it out to the coast one time this winter (AFTER fall, though, obviously) - I'll keep you posted (since I'm pretty sure I won't have to twist your arm too hard to do brunch) :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your informational post is good one to read and i think it can easily to reach the correct market place. so thank for creating this interesting blog Apartment Cleaning Edmonton
    Thanks for share that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog but you guys can get more information from deep spring cleaning calgary ! Thanks !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...