11.16.2011

cozy up.

Two videos that are making me feel cozy these days, and cozy is good, since there is snow coming down in the North Shore mountains right now. I saw the above video a few days ago and cannot stop thinking about it. If I were in that canoe, I think I'd be exhilarated and scared at the same time (maybe just because birds can be scary). The video below is a song I am totally obsessed with and matches the weather, sort of. Stay warm, lovely friends.


P.S. Murmuration is a fantastic word. Much like this one, from a post of yore. mur·mur·a·tion [mur-muh-rey-shuhn] noun 1. an act or instance of murmuring. 2. a flock of starlings.

3 comments:

  1. I had to watch that first video twice; It moved me to tears (actually) (good thing I'm the only one here). Nature is just so overwhelmingly awesome and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video was great! Reminds me of the large flocks of waxwings we get flying through Edmonton every year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The birds were like one - dancing close, Like a couple who have been together a long time. Except they were a couple thousand. What a perfect sight. xox from the motherland.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...