3.18.2011

spaghetti squash. yum.

I've only recently realized that I love, love spaghetti squash. Not like I love avocados, but is it possible to love anything else that much? On Tuesday night while Nick was out I decided to made spaghetti squash with, wait for it, spaghetti! (Not THAT exciting, I know.) Because the only thing better than long strings of deliciousness are more long strings of deliciousness. After baking the squash, I scooped it out and mixed it with mushrooms, shallots, garlic, green beans (I wanted to use peas but we didn't have any) and a whole mess of goat's cheese. Then I seasoned it with parsley, black pepper and this amazing Hawaiian salt our friend, Andrea, brought back for us. I put it on top of whole wheat linguine and had the perfect little meal for a really gross, grey Vancouver stay-in-and-watch-a-movie night.



P.S. I watched Funny Girl, the Barbara Streisand movie. I had been meaning to see it for years but never got around to it. What a great reminder to stay true to yourself (and to not fall in love with gambling addicted embezzlers, no matter how cute and honest they are). Thank you Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...