7.11.2012

our garden.

I'm excited to be writing my first William Morris Project post! I thought I'd start with something that is taking up a lot of our time and energy lately: our garden. You may remember from this small joys post in June that our landlords graciously gave us a pretty decent chunk of space at the back of a neighbouring building (our landlords own three lovely, vintage buildings in a row) to make a garden in. Between a few trips to the farmers' market and the miscellaneous plants that were surviving in our living room and outside near our building since our December move, we've managed to nearly fill the whole plot already!

N is tickled pink and I have to say that I am into gardening this year in a way I never thought I would be. It's lovely to go out there together most Sunday afternoons and put new things in. I also find that I'm checking on our little plot o' land daily to see how things are growing. I feel as though our garden, while not in our home directly, exemplifies the William Morris Project because everything we've put into it is useful (veggies) and beautiful (flowers)!

Here are a few more pictures, if you'd like to see. Expect updates all summer long!



And for good measure, the before and after (because is any home post really complete without the before and after?).

This post is part of the William Morris Project. I'll be linking this post to the inspiration: Pancakes and French Fries.

6 comments:

  1. That is looking great! Welcome to Wm. Morris Project! Prepare for your life to improve each week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks May! I'm excited about the WM Project and hoping it'll motivate me to do somethings I've been meaning to do for ages.

      Delete
  2. Wow--that's a great transformation! Reminding me that I need to get on planting the flowers I bought earlier this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rita! We dug up the grass about a month ago so it's definitely a work in progress. Nice tiles, btw!

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful landlord gift! I think your garden is lovely and so welcoming! Those lilies are beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alice! Our landlord is pretty great and a major rarity in Vancouver.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...