10.20.2011

capilano suspension bridge.

This past weekend, Nick's parents wanted to visit the Capilano Suspension Bridge. The Bridge is a pretty well-known Vancouver tourist attraction and I had been to it on a high school band trip more than ten (eek!) years ago. I didn't remember it well and was a little bit skeptical about the whole thing, since I'm not great with heights. We ended up having a really fun time and my heart got racing only once, when we did the new cliffwalk. If you're in Vancouver and have some extra cash (it's a bit pricy in my opinion, though Ley and Martine graciously treated us), it's definitely a fun time!

{Look up, look waaaaay up!}

{Beautiful weather for a stroll in the woods.}
{Trout!}
{The boardwalk through the woods.}

{The cliffwalk.}


{Don't look down.}

{Ya, glass floors? Not my cup of tea.}

4 comments:

  1. Whoa...did my mom do that cliff walk too? impressive!! miss you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not the cliffwalk but she did do the bridge! Miss you too. See you at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those trout bit me once. Probably on the same band trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This (Capilano Suspension Bridge)was one of my favourite places! It wasn't so shiny when I last crossed it... Ummm … maybe 1975 or so, and no cliff walk. I went there with Barb and two of her friends during the summer she lived in Vancouver. It was magic. No one else was there but the four of us and nature all around. For some reason (too lost in the fog of time) one of Barb’s friends and I quoted The Rhyme of the Ancient Marnier back and forth to each other as we walked across - showing off, I guess….

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...