6.02.2011

lentil salad.

 Lentils are one of those things that I know I should like but let's face it, cooked poorly and they are really dull. I was recently flipping through my Williams Sonoma Salad cookbook and found a recipe for lentil salad that sounded pretty good. I made it once before we went to Alberta and found myself craving it when we returned, especially since I've been unusually cranky the last few days. (Post vacation depression? You know what I'm talking about.) It's light, pretty healthy (I think) but also comforting because of the prosciutto and bocconcini. I think it'll soon become a summer staple!



P.S. I couldn't find the recipe online but it's pretty much lentils, bocconcini, prosciutto, and basil with a dressing made of shallots, red wine vinegar (though I use balsamic because I can't be bothered to buy more than two kinds of vinegar), olive oil, salt and pepper. I like it served warm-ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...