7.18.2012

my office (in a corner).

 Now that I'm back in school and hoping to run a full-time freelance business after I'm done with school, I definitely needed a better office. So for this week's William Morris project I decided to get on an idea I'd had formulating for the last several weeks. Since we live in a one bedroom apartment, dedicating a section of the living room seemed like the best plan (N has his office in our living room too).

I wanted to make my section of the room seperate from the rest living area and from N's office. I've always wanted to use chalkboard paint so I decided that this would be the project! On the weekend, I painted a one-metre strip of chalkboard paint above my desk and added a few of my favorite pieces of art from around our apartment. I'm hoping to add a few small things to the wall collection but for now I think the art chunk in the middle of the chalkboard breaks the stripe up pretty nicely. (The left side is close to our front door so will work well for notes and grocery lists and the like.) Though it might seem a little strange to have a deer skull hanging in our living room, it gives us a touch of Alberta (home) which I'm pretty fond of.

Note: My "desk" is really one part of a drop leaf table that we are hoping to get rid of (know anyone who wants it?). It will be replaced with something like this, which I understand is in the works since my birthday earlier this month. I'll update once the desk is sorted (I'm super excited about the desk!).


This post is part of the William Morris Project. I'll be linking this post to the inspiration: Pancakes and French Fries.


4 comments:

  1. It is you Kate. Very Nice. and looking forward to what happens when you have chalk in hand :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the table! Think it looks great there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks May! It's cute but really impractical and hard to sit at for hours, which I unfortunately have to do.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...