7.07.2011

corn and black bean salad.

This corn and bean salad is one of my favourites. I can't take credit for it though. It comes from my boss, Sam, who is a vegan. The corn and beans apparently make a complete protein so it's a good no meat meal. Nick likes to eat it as more of a salsa but it makes a great lunch or light supper for me. Regardless of what diet it fits into, it's delicious!

{Black beans from a can, rinsed.}

{Corn, canned or blanched frozen.}
{Add chopped tomatoes, chunked avocados (not pictured 'cause we couldn't find a ripe one) minced shallots and raw garlic, to taste.}

{And the best part, not the avocado, shockingly: cubed mango!}
{Add roughly chopped cilantro and squeeze the juice from a lime or two, to taste. Same for salt and pepper.}




1 comment:

  1. My mom was reading your blog, happened onto this recipe, and we made it the other weekend with my sister - very delicious! Perfect snack/dinner accompaniment

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...