7.01.2011

small joys.*

1. Nick bought me these lilies for my birthday last year and then planted them in our garden.  They bloomed this week just in time for my birthday this weekend. How cool is that?
2. I've had these jeans for a year and a half and I finally got them hemmed this week. It took buying another pair of too long pants to finally go get them hemmed. 

3. I lost my phone last week (not joyous, at all) but I got a new one this week for a pretty good deal. It was nice in a way not to have a phone but I sure am glad to have one again. This time I've learned how to use the find my phone function.

4. A new shirt that is quickly becoming my favourite shirt.

5. I cleaned out some drawers this week and cut these out of an old pair of jeans to make new soles for my slippers. Fixing something old with something else old makes me happy.
P.S. I'm trying out small joys on Friday instead of Sunday. It just seems to fit on Friday.

P.P.S. Happy Canada Day! We'll be in wine country. What are your plans for the long weekend?

1 comment:

  1. We were on our way home from Wine Country for Canada day this year! Love the Lily's, and need you to help me with the Find Your Phone function, I had a very close call last week...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...