7.09.2012

the william morris project.


As you may remember from this post of yore, I've long been a fan of the William Morris quote 'Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.' Well, a couple of months ago, I found the blog Pancakes and French Fries and discovered that someone else out there loves that quote too. Jules is using that quote to create an intentional home, which is something I love so I've decided to join her little challenge. Every week she tackles a project around her house with the goal of living in a more intentional home. I likely won't be posting every week, but I'd love to try to follow along as much as I can.

The reason that I've decided to do this now, instead of when I first discovered her blog, is because the last few weeks have been hard, my friends. Going through a transition like quitting your job and going back to school is more difficult than I thought it would be for some reason. Something that I've found really helpful is to work on my apartment here and there. To actually be able to complete a project in one day (unlike at school) is really gratifying. I don't want these projects to cost much money (because student life means being really frugal) but they should work towards making our place intentional and more livable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...