5.19.2011

happy birthday roddy.

{One of my favourite photos of my dad from 1993.}
Today is my dad's birthday. He's taught me to drive, shoot a gun and also, how to be a good listener. One of my favourite times with my dad was when I moved back in with my parents for three months between Halifax and Vancouver. He had just retired so we spent a lot of time together. That year started our annual hunting trip. He was also my photo assistant when I got a freelance contract to take photos of building projects. He also spent a lot of time listening to me talk about what I wanted to do next with my life. Happy birthday Dad! (And see you soon.)

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday, Rod, who is much cuter than this photo but just as sweet. My favorite thing I remember your Dad saying, after you fell over on your trike, "That's okay, Kate. If you don't fall over sometimes, you're not riding close enough to the edge." This then became my “go to" motto for life! I also discovered Ry Cooder through your Dad, which lead to all kinds of other musical discoveries. Rod's one of my heroes - easy going, smart as a whip, stubborn as a mule, and cute as a button. A great guy all around. <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...