6.17.2011

friday in a strange week. {updated.}

{Vancouver from the Burrard Bridge, 2009.}
Well, I've been a seriously sub par blogger this week! In my defense, it's been a very busy week with lots of freelance work on top of my 9 to 5 job, not that I'm complaining! Freelance work is always a good thing.

There was also hockey to watch and riots to be frustrated by. It's been an interesting week in Vancouver. At first I was really upset to watch the rioting on TV. I'm still stupefied by the callousness of the small group of people that desecrated our city but it's been amazing to watch the outpouring of support for the city from the rest of us who are absolutely mortified that this happened. From the kissing couple, to the citizen's wall, to the citizens' clean up, to the police car covered in apology post-its I saw on my way to work this morning, it's nice to know that the lack of Vancouver's civility trumpeted all over of world, is just amongst a few hoodlums. The rest of us really love this beautiful city and would never hurt her. That's the real Vancouver!

{Update: On Saturday we went through downtown so I snapped a few post riot photos.}



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...