6.29.2011

the future of books?

Since I make books for a living, and especially since traditional books are changing every second right now, I'm always intrigued by the capabilities of digital books. Digital books, seem to me, to be in their toddler stages right now, so I'm really excited to see how they are going to 'grow up.' (Also, as a side note, I'd really like to still be making books, in any form, in ten years so it's a good issue for me to follow.)

I was sent this video from a former colleague. I think this is really exciting because it shows just where books might go in the future. I think it also shows that though the traditional book is going to change, that may not be all bad. What do you think? Not ready to give up your paper and spine books yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...