9.21.2011

read: three day road.


I read Three Day Road about a month ago but let me tell you, it is a book that sticks with you! It has the hallmarks of classic Canadiana: isolation and nature. It was not an easy read, friends. It's sad and totally absorbing, but totally worth the read and incredibly well-written. I read it in about three days (eek!) and when the weather was nice and sunny but it still threw me into the middle of World War I and the plights of being aboriginal in the early 20th century. If you were to only read one book in a year, this should be it. Seriously. Just don't read it if you're not in a good state of mind!

P.S. Book club is tomorrow and I haven't cracked the book yet. Oops ...

Image via Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...