7.05.2012

garlic scape pesto.

Ever since I saw this post on reading my tea leaves, I've been wanting to try garlic scape pesto, so when I saw garlic scapes at the farmers' market a week ago I jumped on them. (They were cheap, to boot!) On the recommendation of the guy who sold them to me I added some sunflower seeds which I toasted with some almonds. I also added some basil because it's delicious! They combined into a delicious paste which I can't get enough of. Seriously. Best. Thing. Ever.

Update: Um, ya, an actual recipe would be good ... (Thanks for pointing that out Megan!)


a handful of almonds {roasted a bit in olive oil}
a half handful of sunflower seeds {roasted a bit in olive oil}
a handful of chopped basil
a half to a full cup of olive oil
10 or 12 garlic scapes
a handful of grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper

Blend in a blender or similar. Makes enough for a double serving of pasta and a jar of leftovers for anything else you like.




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...