7.03.2012

a birthday in photos.

{Breakfast raspberries}

{Sandwiches from Finch's with my man}

{And leftover birthday cake!}

{Garlic scape pesto, beer and bad TV}

{The best smelling lilies}
It's my birthday today and despite the fact that I definitely did not have the day off (not even a little bit) it was a pretty good day. Because it's my party and I'll snap a million Instagram photos if I want to, I documented the more festive parts of the day (no one needs to see my HTML5 textbook, especially on a birthday).

In the past, I've felt really nervous about my birthday because I had a few bad ones (the chicken pox, pink eye and a death in the family, do not make for great birthdays) but one of the nice things about getting older is that your birthday feels less important and is just a great excuse to pamper yourself a little (and not do any dishes). So here's to fun, laid-back birthdays. What do you do on yours?

1 comment:

  1. I can never remember what I've done for past birthdays, so I'm thinking they may need to involve a little more pampering (and definitely no dishes).

    P.S. Those raspberries look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...