7.17.2012

read: the hunger games trilogy

{Image from Amazon.}
I wasn't sure that I was actually going to admit on the internet that I read the Hunger Games trilogy, but here I am. When all of my other inappropriately aged friends got into it too, I figured hey, why not?

So the Hunger Games: read. them. right. now. They were so addictive that I read the last book, Mockingjay, in one sitting. Granted, I've needed some silly, meaningless books to read while I'm in school, just to take my mind off of all the hard (so hard!) things I'm trying to learn right now. The books are super entertaining though and I think they're a pretty solid choice for young girls too. No sex, no pandering, just one tough heroine (who full disclosure, I found really irritating every once in a while ... could she not see how bad-ass she was? Seriously.).

Anyway, if you want something very entertaining to read this summer, I'd recommend the Hunger Games books for sure, no matter what your age is. And, even better, if you happen to know a pre-teen or teenage kid who hasn't read them yet (do any of those exist?) they'd make a great gift.

P.S. Another book I read recently but haven't blogged about is Bossypants. Maybe next week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...