4.05.2011

spring cleaning.

I've really been feeling the need to get out the vacuum, scrub brushes and cloths the last few weeks. I'm a border-line clean freak (some people I know would remove the border-line part) but something about the tradition of spring cleaning that really gets me going. This spring I haven't had quite as much motivation to go with my ambition but last night I decided to get to a few parts of the apartment. To do that, I made up a cleaner with a recipe I found on Young House Love. They have a great list of homemade cleaners (aside from the fruit and veggie spray ... why would you need that?) but I used the Gorgeously Green All-Purpose Spray. I didn't put in the hydrogen peroxide because I didn't have any and didn't really think it was necessary. I also didn't put in the lavender oil because I prefer the smell of tea tree oil (also, Nick HATES the smell of lavender). I've long been a natural cleaner type o' gal, mostly using vinegar and baking soda as well as my recently discovered love, Borax, but I haven't loved that when I clean it leaves the smell of vinegar. This recipe was great because it leaves a clean tea tree oil smell. All in all, not a bad Monday night project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...