5.22.2011

small joys.*

1. This meat pie was given to us by Nick's mom several months ago for our freezer. Last Sunday, it was pouring so we pulled it out and did it ever hit the spot. Thanks Martine!
2. Nick and I are heading to the motherland this week so in order to see all of our family members, we're going to host a dinner at my parents' house. We had a lot of fun planning the dinner yesterday. I'll be making a couple of desserts that I'm really hoping turn out! (One of which I've made before and a new one.)

3. After a smoothie conversation with coworkers last week we decided to try a smoothie for breakfast. One and I was hooked. What's not to like about eating something healthy that seems like ice cream for breakfast? I came home a few days later to find that Nick had stocked the freezer with frozen berries. Whatta guy!

4. It was dry enough this week to bike to work everyday. It did rain on Monday, but I got to work from home that day because of renovations in the studio. Working at home is amazing! Wish I could do it everyday.


5. The Kits Farmer's Market started this weekend. Yay! I bought some rhubarb which I plan to freeze for later when I'm dying for a crumble. (I feel weird about paying for rhubarb since it's almost a weed in Edmonton but we're not in Kansas anymore, so ...) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...