6.13.2011

little reminders.

{N's dad's wedding band from when N's parents were married which I wear everyday.}
Sometimes it's nice to look around and remember how lucky I am. I really like my little life in Vancouver and I love looking around our apartment to be reminded of people, places and events in my life. I once heard someone say not to keep anything around that you don't find functional or beautiful. (Oprah perhaps? Audrey Hepburn? Random but wise stranger on the bus?) I think those are words to live by.

What little items do you keep around? What do they remind you of?

{My Gramps' camera.}

{I bought this vintage eel skin clutch as a present to myself after I got through 2009's broken arms incident. It reminds me to be tough, even though it's soft and pretty.}

{These earrings were my twenty-first birthday present from my Mom. I think giving little diamond earrings for daughters' twenty-first birthdays is a tradition I want to keep going.

{A little horse Patrick brought me back from Sweden when he lived there.}


{Nova Scotia-related trinkets from my parents over the years.}

{Patron saint of travelers given to me in Halifax. It stays in my wallet at all times, even though I'm not remotely Catholic.}

2 comments:

  1. Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.
    William Morris

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...