5.16.2011

slut walk vancouver. the day after.

{Slut Walkers on Granville Street.}
As I mentioned last week, I attended Slut Walk Vancouver on Sunday. It was more than I could have hoped for. Thousands of people (I think, I'm terrible at estimating attendees) showed up and all kinds of different people. I was especially impressed by the number of men that attended and by the amount of people who brought their kids. I should have had more faith that men and families and all kinds of people would turn out, but I'm so glad so many people came. I hope that through the news stories about it and through the observations of the bystanders that watched us march, the message is getting across: no means no, regardless of what you're wearing, your behavior, and your environment.

P.S. Here's a great column by Heather Mallick from The Toronto Star that explains Slut Walk perhaps a little more eloquently than I do. Or at least it answers the question about what to wear that a lot of people asked me before Sunday ...


{His shirt reads: "Man slut in solidarity."}

{I love that men and families came too.}

{A great slogan.}

{What Vancouver protest is complete without umbrellas and rain?}


{In the middle of it.}

{Loved these outfits and this hair!}

{I really loved the slogan on the right: "Real men take 'no' for an answer."}

{Red-lipped and ready for action.}

{Me and my fellow Slut Walkers: Erin and Sam, my friends and former roomies, and Nick.}

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you, my slutty niece!!!! ;-)
    Can't wait until September for Hali's walk. Working on my outfit already!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...